New version - 1.5.0

All important updates and information about Evil Lands.
yakuza
Player ID: 100222

Re: New version - 1.5.0

Post by yakuza »

Hi all,

Thank you for all this feedback, we truly appreciate that you care about this game. Firstly let me assure you that we have no intentions to ruin this game and all we do has one purpose: to give you the best experience we can. Let me address issues that you rised here and in other places:
1) We are aware that our game was missing "end game" features, which made it very unattractive after completing main campaign. To fill this void we introduced Daily Jobs which could also become missing source of free gems for all players. Because we wanted to reward you for completing Daily Jobs we decided to make it perceptible source of currencies/items - this forced us to shrink rewards dropped by mobs outside Daily Jobs. Now we learned that not all of you find Daily Jobs interesting/practical, so we'll watch it closely over coming weeks to see what we can do to soften this change. Right now it's far too early to say anything specific, we need to collect more data and make lots of calculations, but I want to assure you that we see your concerns. Also I apologize that lower drops were not included in changelog - my mistake, it was not intentional.
2) Mobs colors were supposed to change, this was required to enable fancier effects after freezing, poisoning, etc., together with their overall quality. However we did not intend to make them less distinguishable. Our artists will look into it, and we'll try to make them more appealing and unique.
3) As I added to known issues section of changelog there are few bugs we were aware of, but we did not want to postpone infinitely release, so once we published an update we started preparing fix update to correct these issues. This update will bring back gather / destroy kind of Daily Jobs, notifications about rare/epic items picked up by players, fix crashes on various devices (this is something we will need to setup on per device basis) - I'll include all devices we know are crashing, so if after updating your device still crashes, please let me know by including your exact device model and player ID. Hopefully it'll also prevent huge labels from appearing on maps (unfortunately we were not able to reproduce it locally, so we're not 100% sure that fix works). iPhone 11 line of devices should correctly respect notch, unfortunately we're not able (yet) to bring back controller support. We're working with our partners to make it happen as soon as possible.
4) We did not anticipate "social" consequences of introducing Daily Jobs, and that it would be bothering. Sorry for that. We'll try to find some ways to let you still have fun roaming maps together without removing Daily Jobs, as we believe there is place for them in our game. We received some great suggestions from you (special kudos to VIP!) and we believe it's doable.
5) Lag between killing mob and receiving drop was introduced to prevent some exploits we detected. Today we tweaked configuration to reduce this delay so please let me know if you see a difference.
6) It may be obvious, but I've seen some confusion around daily jobs, so I'd like to clarify it a bit:
- Daily Jobs are separate per each character class, so you may do 18 daily jobs per 24h without watching ads
- Rewards adapt to character's progress, so once you reach 50th level and there is no point in receiving XP, then you get more currencies/items instead.

Again, we're sorry that you feel disappointed, our goal is give you fun, and we'll use this feedback to bring us closer to our goal.
Regards
/Y

Exre

Post by Exre »

yakuza wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:39 pm
Hi all,

Thank you for all this feedback, we truly appreciate that you care about this game. Firstly let me assure you that we have no intentions to ruin this game and all we do has one purpose: to give you the best experience we can. Let me address issues that you rised here and in other places:
1) We are aware that our game was missing "end game" features, which made it very unattractive after completing main campaign. To fill this void we introduced Daily Jobs which could also become missing source of free gems for all players. Because we wanted to reward you for completing Daily Jobs we decided to make it perceptible source of currencies/items - this forced us to shrink rewards dropped by mobs outside Daily Jobs. Now we learned that not all of you find Daily Jobs interesting/practical, so we'll watch it closely over coming weeks to see what we can do to soften this change. Right now it's far too early to say anything specific, we need to collect more data and make lots of calculations, but I want to assure you that we see your concerns. Also I apologize that lower drops were not included in changelog - my mistake, it was not intentional.
2) Mobs colors were supposed to change, this was required to enable fancier effects after freezing, poisoning, etc., together with their overall quality. However we did not intend to make them less distinguishable. Our artists will look into it, and we'll try to make them more appealing and unique.
3) As I added to known issues section of changelog there are few bugs we were aware of, but we did not want to postpone infinitely release, so once we published an update we started preparing fix update to correct these issues. This update will bring back gather / destroy kind of Daily Jobs, notifications about rare/epic items picked up by players, fix crashes on various devices (this is something we will need to setup on per device basis) - I'll include all devices we know are crashing, so if after updating your device still crashes, please let me know by including your exact device model and player ID. Hopefully it'll also prevent huge labels from appearing on maps (unfortunately we were not able to reproduce it locally, so we're not 100% sure that fix works). iPhone 11 line of devices should correctly respect notch, unfortunately we're not able (yet) to bring back controller support. We're working with our partners to make it happen as soon as possible.
4) We did not anticipate "social" consequences of introducing Daily Jobs, and that it would be bothering. Sorry for that. We'll try to find some ways to let you still have fun roaming maps together without removing Daily Jobs, as we believe there is place for them in our game. We received some great suggestions from you (special kudos to VIP!) and we believe it's doable.
5) Lag between killing mob and receiving drop was introduced to prevent some exploits we detected. Today we tweaked configuration to reduce this delay so please let me know if you see a difference.
6) It may be obvious, but I've seen some confusion around daily jobs, so I'd like to clarify it a bit:
- Daily Jobs are separate per each character class, so you may do 18 daily jobs per 24h without watching ads
- Rewards adapt to character's progress, so once you reach 50th level and there is no point in receiving XP, then you get more currencies/items instead.

Again, we're sorry that you feel disappointed, our goal is give you fun, and we'll use this feedback to bring us closer to our goal.
Hello, yakuza thanks for the long and detailed post. I understand you had good intentions with the daily jobs, “filling the void” as you’ve said which is a good way to describe it. It does give quests with rewards that can help and gives player something to do if he is bored and has reached already reached lv 50 on all characters.
But the main reason why we are disappointed is because by buffing the mobs&nerfing the drop rate, you have made the game more restricting, less sociable and altogether harder(which i will prove below). You said you need to collect more data and do lots of calculations so let me help you.
I don’t know the exact drop rate numbers from before or after the update so this will be based on my personal experience from mostly killing in Broadcove Stronghold.

Before the update it usually took about 1 or 2 hours(on avarage) to get an epic drop if you were grinding.

You said we can do 18 quests daily without the need to watch adds(3 quests on every character every 12h).
Let’s say 18 quests would normally take you about 1,5-3 hours in total to complete(depending on the difficulty of the task). Now let’s say about 12 out of those 18 chests(maybe even less), are actual “royal bounty” chests with 6% chance for an epic. The other 6 or more being the ones that have 0% epic chance and 70% or so rare chance(i can’t recall their name).

That means 12 chests with 6% epic chance which amounts to 72%. That means for 1,5-3h of work daily, you’ll probably need to do 3 days of work to get 2 epics or slightly more.
Not to mention the number goes down even further if we take into consideration that some quests will have to be skipped by most players unless they’re either a sorceress/someone with lv4 or 5 epics(which most people aren’t). For example: kill 7 forrest trolls. This is very hard for most players to do alone especially with the new buffed mobs. It would’ve been hard even before that. And teams are harder to find as well, since everyone is constantly forced to switch the map with the new quests system.

So the bottom line is:

- Before the update, we were free to roam around, solo or as a group, kill whatever mobs&champions we pleased and we knew all of them(obviously champions more than the normal mobs) had some chance to give us an epic item.
We could also play for as long as we desired and be rewarded for the amount of time we spend. Every additional hour of grinding gave real additional chances for another epic.

- After the update we are forced to change maps as the quests desire, much harder to kill any strong mobs(because they are buffed+most of the time we’re solo since everyone is on their own quest.), and then even after we do look what the quests give, they are still slower than the grinding we had.

And last but not least after we spend those few hours doing the quest all we can do is stare at the sky or do pvp for the next half a day(until new ones appear) since it would be a complete waste of time to grind for epics with the new rates.
Whereas before we could spend as many hours grinding as we wanted.

So in conclusion the game became: more restrictive(map, place and timewise), less sociable(no need for groups) and even harder(less epics per hour with quests than with grinding and you can only do about 3 hours of quests a day, whereas grinding could be done for as long as we had the time).

Our question(which you haven’t addressed in your reply) is, can we expect the mobs to get the old stats (hp, dmg) and most importantly can we expect the pre-update drop rates to return.

if the drop rates aren’t returning i’m personally done with this game(at least for the coop part, i’ll still play pvp).

When you have heard anything from the other developers regarding this particular matter, please let us now.

yakuza
Player ID: 100222

Post by yakuza »

Exre wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:21 pm
Our question(which you haven’t addressed in your reply) is, can we expect the mobs to get the old stats (hp, dmg) and most importantly can we expect the pre-update drop rates to return.
There is nothing more I can say at the moment. We need to confirm that we're able to balance rewards for killing mobs and from Daily Jobs towards mobs without damage to overall game economy. Similarly with mobs stats - we watch numbers closely and we'll tweak numbers to find best compromise between challenge, fun and balance.
Regards
/Y

Exre

Post by Exre »

yakuza wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:23 am

There is nothing more I can say at the moment. We need to confirm that we're able to balance rewards for killing mobs and from Daily Jobs towards mobs without damage to overall game economy. Similarly with mobs stats - we watch numbers closely and we'll tweak numbers to find best compromise between challenge, fun and balance.
Thank you. Please inform us once you make further decisions.

Sophie N Ken

Post by Sophie N Ken »

Make it easier to identify champions. The problem is they respawn so slowly that you can search a map for an hour only to find they were all killed before you came in the room or you missed them because they were a tiny white circle. As an exploit I find room jumping useful to find champs in typical locations. Now I jump to a room and search three of four quick spots in about two minutes and if I don’t find a champ I bounce to a new room and repeat until I complete the quest, it’s much quicker than playing hide and seek with champs.