Assassin's skills improvements

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
yakuza
Player ID: 100222

Assassin's skills improvements

Post by yakuza »

Hello!

With next update we want to improve Assassin's skills a bit, to make it more fun to play. Let me know what you like about his skills (so that we don't break it) and what you dislike (so that we improve).

Thank you for your input!
Regards
/Y

PeaceDawg

Re: Assassin's skills improvements

Post by PeaceDawg »

Prior to 1.3.6 update Assassin was the most enjoyable hero to play, imo. Its the fastest runner, can easily solo kill champ monsters, and can heal itself and other party members. After level 50 there isn’t really much else to do but grind for epic gear. Therefore using a hero that is most efficient at moving across the map and killing champs is desirable. After the update the ability to heal was changed so that healing is only available when standing in the totem circle. This makes playing assassin less appealing, imo, because you can’t heal while kiting champs. Recommend either changing the healing totem back to how it was before the update or at least expanding the totem area significantly.

The life steal skill doesn’t recover much hp. Every time I use it against medium/large hp monsters I only get 200-400 hp which is negligible when the monster is hitting me back for 150+ Maybe decrease the cooldown or increase the hp recovered for life steal?

Also would be cool if it were possible to hit a monster for greater damage if the assassin stabbed the monster in the back. Or give the assassin the ability to sneak up on monsters for an initial powerful stealth attack. Create a cool animation like warrior’s frenzy that causes the assassin to get behind and quickly stab the enemy.

The other heroes have a cool looking AOE skill such as blizzard, Armageddon, or Mighty Rain. The assassin doesn’t have any cool movements or skills with nice atmospheric special effects. How about an AOE skill that causes a cloud overhead to darken the AOE and static electricity shocks and paralyzes the mob. It could work like blizzard. The paralysis temporarily slows and damages the mob.

This isn’t assassin specific, but would like to see more skill buffs on gear. Really enjoy poison skill buff given by certain gear. Or create the ability to purchase buffs from the vendor and the buff can be permanently applied to gear of your choice.

Another idea. Allow some skills to synergize between classes, causing more damage to monsters when the skills are activated at same time on same mob. This is beneficial to both coop and pvp teams.

Please remove the experience cap so that we can still gain xp just in case you one day increase the level cap ceiling beyond 50. Bethesda wisely didn’t this with Blades. Kept people playing their game after 50 cap.

Lastly, create a Valhalla map where only heroes that are level 50 get to enter. Increase the chance for epic drops in Valhalla. Set some limitations for Valhalla such as a time cap (2 hours per day?). Set a condition that if a player dies they can no longer enter Valhalla until the next 24 hour period. Or set a risk reward component that if a hero dies it loses all the loot it gained. Valhalla should be for the elite.

PeaceDawg

Post by PeaceDawg »

Are there no other suggestions out there? Really? Let’s make Assassin great again :lol:

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Well, I was hoping for more active discussion, nevertheless thank you PeaceDawg for your input :) Lifesteal gives you back about half of damage you inflict (depends on level), so the higher is your damage the more health comes back.
PeaceDawg wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:34 am
Also would be cool if it were possible to hit a monster for greater damage if the assassin stabbed the monster in the back.
This would be awesome, but there are some technical issues on our way to add this. I'd love to see such mechanics in game at some point!

Healing area will be much larger and will get larger with every level. Also we tweaked a bit other totems, so they inflict more damage. Also chains received surprise modification ;)

I like your ideas regarding skills and their synergies in gameplay, I'm not that convinced regarding concept of Valhalla, but it's intriguing. Thank you!
Regards
/Y

Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

Well i logged in after being gone a while and find my heal totem on assassin was nerfed.... it doesnt stick anymore, you have to stand still to heal...

So basically your saying don't buy any skills in this game because we can change them at random and make good ones suck on a whim. why don't you wreck the other skills i paid for too?

I assume your making other skills better or new ones to extract more money after you've nerfed the ones people have paid for so they need the new ones.
From someone whos paid $$ for lvl 12 heal totem only to find you change the skill so its useless.
you won't be getting a nickel from me ever again.

no wonder this game has so few players
Warrior level 50
Assassin level 50
Sorceress Level 50

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Mjolnir wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:18 am
So basically your saying don't buy any skills in this game because we can change them at random and make good ones suck on a whim. why don't you wreck the other skills i paid for too?
Well no, it's not a point. This topic was already covered in lots of places. We fixed bug that caused "stickyness" of healing effect, we learned that it made healing totem unusable, so with next game version area of effect will be much wider than it's now.
Regards
/Y

Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

unusable?
everyone used it.
In coop i would run by and heal lower lvl players all the time and half the monsters knock you back out out the heal now so its useless, in pvp, the fights are always moving... so I should stand still in the middle of a fight to heal? no one uses it now.... so if you paid and worked to get it to lvl 12 your just screwed, you guys nerf it so its useless now..

if you all are nerfing skills so they are now "unusable" you also need a refund policy for those who paid ridiculous amounts of money to max out the now useless skills... or your just stealing from people.
Warrior level 50
Assassin level 50
Sorceress Level 50

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

It seems I didn't express myself clearly. So - after our fix the skill became unusable and we admit it. Before it was too usable. So now as we admit it, we want to make it usable again. This will be shipped with next version.
Regards
/Y

Gregfromskem
Player ID: 2530599

Post by Gregfromskem »

Hi Yakuza.

Firstly I love the game and I really like the wolf game also.

Do you have an estimate on the next update which would see these changes and do you guys post the change logs on release of a patch?

Cheers.

yakuza

Post by yakuza »

Gregfromskem wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:20 pm
Firstly I love the game and I really like the wolf game also.
Thank you for those kind words :)
Gregfromskem wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:20 pm
Do you have an estimate on the next update which would see these changes and do you guys post the change logs on release of a patch?
Regarding next update - it's almost ready, now we focus on fixing all glitches we can to ship it as good as possible. We don't want to rush it as there is lot of things we added/changed. Yes, I add post in Announcements section every time we release new version.

Anyway, let's keep this topic Assassin-related. If you have any other questions/remarks feel free to create new topic.
Regards
/Y