Please stop changing item properties

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
kraal

Please stop changing item properties

Post by kraal »

Now to qualify my suggestion, I mean regularly changing.I realise you are probably fine tuning the new release, however it is quite annoying to find out overnight your ring has halved in damage. Now this is only an example, but the reason is as follows.

I am one of the players who doesn't purchase gold/gems. I watch the ads to support the devs, but this means I work hard for every bit of equipment I get. Now, I also sell old equipment as I need the gold. In my case, I sold a ring with 27 (from memory) damage plus a few perks for a frozenstone with 37 damage. Good trade I hear you say. Well today, said frozenstone is now 25 damage. I would have been better off sticking with my original ring (unless it was nobbled too).

My suggestion is: don't mess with stuff people have already got. By all means "retire" that item and bring in a new one that is similar but with the new stats. This goes for all equipment across all classes. You may have been building your character for months getting just the right equipment only for them to be decreased below previous, "lower" equipment. I understand that people were complaining about overpowered classes/items, but for the rest of us who struggle to find their equipment it is a bit of a kick in the guts.

johnsbo

Re: Please stop changing item properties

Post by johnsbo »

Oops, they also nerfed the movement speed of the elf boots. :x

Exre

Post by Exre »

kraal wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:38 am
Now to qualify my suggestion, I mean regularly changing.I realise you are probably fine tuning the new release, however it is quite annoying to find out overnight your ring has halved in damage. Now this is only an example, but the reason is as follows.

I am one of the players who doesn't purchase gold/gems. I watch the ads to support the devs, but this means I work hard for every bit of equipment I get. Now, I also sell old equipment as I need the gold. In my case, I sold a ring with 27 (from memory) damage plus a few perks for a frozenstone with 37 damage. Good trade I hear you say. Well today, said frozenstone is now 25 damage. I would have been better off sticking with my original ring (unless it was nobbled too).

My suggestion is: don't mess with stuff people have already got. By all means "retire" that item and bring in a new one that is similar but with the new stats. This goes for all equipment across all classes. You may have been building your character for months getting just the right equipment only for them to be decreased below previous, "lower" equipment. I understand that people were complaining about overpowered classes/items, but for the rest of us who struggle to find their equipment it is a bit of a kick in the guts.
Why retire an item when you can balance it? Do you understand how many people might’ve sold frozenstone or other items because they were relatively useless before the update and now they would need them? I could’ve sold 20 frozenstones but the stats of items have been changing ever since the game came out and it’s for this very reason i don’t sell epic items that have the potential to be useful.

I wanna know which ring u sold because even though it might’ve been much worse for mage than frozenstone it is probably useful for one of the other two classes.
What i’m trying to say is try learning more about whether a specific item is really useless or not before you sell it. Also, even if it’s actually useless for all 3 classes(which not many are), keep in mind that the stats can change and even though trough these changes certain items become better than the others and vice-versa, most items are almost always useful in some way, it just depends on the class that you’re playing or the class/mobs and number of enemies that you’re facing.

I understand your frustration, but it makes no sense to retire an item. Every time you would need to design a new item and make completely new bonuses, that takes a lot of work for something completely unnecessary. Besides what happens to all the duplicates we gathered or gold and now materials we spent on it when an item is retired? If the idea is to compensate us in gold i can tell you; firstly they wouldn’t pay you a fair amount in return and secondly you’d just end up with more gold and you’d need to grind for the new item all over again to get the duplicates?
If your idea is to give us the same amount of duplicates of the new version of item instead of gold then i can tell you that won’t happen either. They won’t give you duplicates of another item with different stats for the old one.
Personally i think this change with increased material drops and decreased dmg in mage epic amulet and ring is just a small step towards the right way.
Legendary eq is still way too overpowered and guardian angel’s bonuses are still too low compared to other dmg epic amulets.

kraal

Post by kraal »

Fair points, and yes the increased material drop is good. It is perversely fun to be weaker and have to work harder to kill the big guys, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end. I suppose there is no good way to compensate except take a teaspoon of cement and harden up :) One shot death is not that much fun though.

On the flip side, I got some marble within 5 minutes this time, so I managed to upgrade the blacksmith and hence my kit. A good chunk of the drop in stats has already be removed.

itssBlue

Post by itssBlue »

As someone mentioned, for a game to have long term health, you do have to balance things. Items are constantly being looked at to ensure that one class doesn't prevail as insanely broken against others. We want all classes/builds to be able to have fun and fight strongly rather than having one class that's just overpowered god like.