Warrior skill balances

Everything about the game goes here, if it doesn't fit anywhere else!
Phixxt

Warrior skill balances

Post by Phixxt »

With the new 1.2.8 update I found that whirlwind ability was really nerfed that now when the ability is used you cannot use the boost skill abilitys which make this skill useless. I think the skill should be able to use the boosted skill when in use and lock out the main ability.

Other skill improvements are to call to arms.

Call to arms ability is great skill but the fact warrior has no heal I think this ability should act as a heal.

Two examples that can be implemented

One: when selected by player it will give a passive heal equivalent or a little less to the Sorcerer and assassin healing per a second. Then when activated you gain the extra health point on use.

Two: once equipped no matter the hp you gain the hp boost plus have a heal for the full duration of the ability.

Both examples of health point are given to other players in range of use.

I find that the damage boost and sprint ability should act like call to arms the ability, to be applied to other players apon use.

Will post more skill I think that should be balanced.
Sorcerer Level 50 *AU*
Warrior Level 50
Phixxt

Rylaii

Re: Warrior skill balances

Post by Rylaii »

i think whirlwind skill supposed to be same mechanic as the fire/frost breath
i do like your suggestion though 👍
ID: 464672
region: asia
sorceress lvl 50
assassin lvl 50
warrior lvl 41

yakuza
Player ID: 100222

Post by yakuza »

Well, erm... yeah... actually whirlwind was fixed, not nerfed, as by designed it was never supposed to work like that. Thank for your suggestions, we'll be improving skill trees soon, so any voice is welcome to help us deliver more suitable content :)
Regards
/Y

Mjolnir

Post by Mjolnir »

Can you at least return the ability to use other actions while whirlwind is in use?
After the update if the whirlwind skill is in use you can do nothing until it's completed, you cannot attack, use another skill or even jump.
Considering the rapid fluidity of a fight this new handicap severely hampers it's use and relegates the skill to more of Kamikaze like actions.
A very frustrating change in a skill players have built gear around and upgraded as the core attack.
Personally I have had to change my whole attack posture completely because I was dying constantly while whirlwind was in use... I couldn't even jump away :roll: So for me Whirlwind went from core attack to no use at all and all the upgrades made to that skill have been wasted.
Warrior level 50
Assassin level 50
Sorceress Level 50

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Mjolnir wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:10 pm
Can you at least return the ability to use other actions while whirlwind is in use?
After the update if the whirlwind skill is in use you can do nothing until it's completed, you cannot attack, use another skill or even jump.
Considering the rapid fluidity of a fight this new handicap severely hampers it's use and relegates the skill to more of Kamikaze like actions.
A very frustrating change in a skill players have built gear around and upgraded as the core attack.
Personally I have had to change my whole attack posture completely because I was dying constantly while whirlwind was in use... I couldn't even jump away :roll: So for me Whirlwind went from core attack to no use at all and all the upgrades made to that skill have been wasted.

What he said!!!

I’m considering making a different account just to start from scratch (because getting epic weapon drops or just a epic in general is terribad) hopefully I can get something for an assassin from orc king worthwhile... grinding 3m xp sucks. And at least I have a really good idea where I want to spend skill points/ what skills to upgrade without a ton of wasted gold like my current account and I don’t feel like buying gems to fix it >.>

Signed- a retired lvl 50 warrior with 2 epics. Lvl 44 assassin, lvl 47 sorcerer... (each with 2 epics)

GratefulNed

Post by GratefulNed »

I haven’t played much lately so I can’t provide much detail but it does seem my warrior is less effective now, versus my assassin and sorcerer at the same level. Like, obvious difference, despite gear really pretty much at the same level for all three. I hadn't noticed that the damage boost no longer works with whirlwind, but if that’s the case, that kind of sucks.

Phixxt

Post by Phixxt »

GratefulNed wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:20 am
I haven’t played much lately so I can’t provide much detail but it does seem my warrior is less effective now, versus my assassin and sorcerer at the same level. Like, obvious difference, despite gear really pretty much at the same level for all three. I hadn't noticed that the damage boost no longer works with whirlwind, but if that’s the case, that kind of sucks.
Damage boost does work with the ability whirlwind, but you need to activate the ability before whirlwind
Sorcerer Level 50 *AU*
Warrior Level 50
Phixxt

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon »

Phixxt wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:50 am
GratefulNed wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:20 am
Damage boost does work with the ability whirlwind, but you need to activate the ability before whirlwind

The other thing also is in pvp, if you pop whirlwind people will jump/ dash away and you have no way to intercept. Before, you had multiple skills to jump and intercept your enemy. Essentially, they’ve made a build cjust about useless...

我命由我不由天

Post by 我命由我不由天 »

the whirlwind was really nerfed.

first. the mighty rain is too useless to use. as a fianl skill it only can attack single target in the limited area,and it works slowly. so in a pvp game,other players can escape the area easyly because warrior has no skill can make mobs or player slowly.

sencond. warrior is less a special skill than other character. because the first,the whirlwind is most suitable. the wrath of god damage is too low as a special skill.look the frozen/fire ball. they only need 10-12sencond to cool down. but wrath need 22sencond

as total. I think keep the normal attack when using the whirlwind will be more balance before the new special skill.

Phixxt

Post by Phixxt »

Can you make the whirlwind ability once active able to use the warrior buff ability. Since it makes no sense to not be able to use it. Reason behind this is so you can use the ability then apply the buff. I stand of apply the buff and wasting 1 second of the buff duration by then applying the whirlwind ability
Sorcerer Level 50 *AU*
Warrior Level 50
Phixxt