UI suggestions

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
Alicedelic

UI suggestions

Post by Alicedelic »

Besides that I would suggest trying to keep a connection active a bit longer as I often disconnects and reconnects quickly (on specific condition:eg wifi distance) and I lose my position in the map and loot but not my score.

The suggestion is to switch around the position of the yes button in the two "reconnect dialogs".
Right now there's sometimes a dialog asking me if I want to reconnect, no is on the left and yes on the right.
Instead in the other dialog "do you want to connect to the same room? The yes button is on the left and on the right it says 'new game" and I sometimes accidentally pressed "new game" as I was expecting the "yes" button of the "do you want to reconnect" dialog.

I don't know why someone who just experience lag or latency and just wants to go back quickly, would want to start a new game besides if they are having issue due to the server or room having a bad ping for them.

The suggestion is just to switch the position of buttons.

Timyr

Re: UI suggestions

Post by Timyr »

I had such a proposal only 1 time, usually I always start the game again.

PeaceDawg

Post by PeaceDawg »

Love the floating joystick on the left.

2 suggestions:

1) configurable GUI that allows us to reposition and resize the attack, sprint, leader, and skill buttons.

2) not exactly sure how this should look on the GUI, but would like for there to be more than just 3 skill buttons on the GUI. In the example below, from Titan Quest, there is a toggle button on the south of the attack dial. That toggle switches to a second set of skills. If we had such a button we could toggle 6 skills. This would be helpful in quickly switching between damage skills and healing/sprinting skills.
Attachments
300A6DC0-5A0C-437A-95EE-D7D75FA48D12.jpeg
300A6DC0-5A0C-437A-95EE-D7D75FA48D12.jpeg (149.51 KiB) Viewed 241 times

yakuza
Player ID: 100222

Post by yakuza »

Alicedelic wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:32 pm
Yes, that makes perfect sense!
Alicedelic wrote:
I don't know why someone who just experience lag or latency and just wants to go back quickly, would want to start a new game besides if they are having issue due to the server or room having a bad ping for them.
To check e.g. if this is issue with this particular room or not I guess. I think it's better to have a choice in this case, but certainly it should be consistent.
Alicedelic wrote:
and I lose my position in the map and loot but not my score.
You won't loose it anymore with next update.
PeaceDawg wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:16 pm
not exactly sure how this should look on the GUI, but would like for there to be more than just 3 skill buttons on the GUI.
More than 3 skills would be problematic, as currently there is one cooldown per skills' tree. As far as now we have three of them so it makes sense to have three skills' buttons. However I really like idea of skill sets, but it would involve more fundamental changes to UI as it's a bit cramped already.
Regards
/Y

PeaceDawg

Post by PeaceDawg »

Thank you for response Yakuza.

To clarify, I’m not asking for the cooldowns to change at all. I’m asking for ability to quickly toggle between 2 sets of 3 skills. This would allow us to setup 2 gameplay styles for instant access. A sorceress could have cold skills on one toggle and fire skills on the other. Or a player could have a set of attack skills and a set of healing/speed skills.

For example, if I have mighty frost boost set to one toggle and fountain of vitality boost set to the other toggle, and I used mighty frost in a fight and then immediately toggled to fountain of vitality, fountain of vitality would remain on cooldown. But it would be ready to use faster and I wouldn’t have to open the skills menu to get to it. Players heal after battles all the time but it’s a pain to open the skills window to switch from mighty frost/fire to fountain of vitality.

Another solution would be to add one extra button on the GUI that we can assign to any skill but not change the cooldowns as illustrated previously.

Thanks for your consideration.

Kade

Post by Kade »

To be able to toggle between 2 sets would be awesome :D :D and yes with the understanding the cool downs are still on cool down times between switching
~Kade~

Alicedelic

Post by Alicedelic »

We could make a thread about the skills switching.
Instead about the UI portion of it, a simple suggestion could be to make the background of skills window partially transparent. Since I often can switch skills while running and keep running while I do. That way I would sort of see where I'm heading.

Mustavago
Player ID: 4589741

Post by Mustavago »

It would be so handy to be able to move the Teleport button to the right hand side. Being in the middle button, I sometimes mash it and - whoosh I'm face deep in a wall/mountain/angry mob :oops:

VIP

Post by VIP »

Alicedelic wrote:
yakuza wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:07 am
More than 3 skills would be problematic, as currently there is one cooldown per skills' tree. As far as now we have three of them so it makes sense to have three skills' buttons. However I really like idea of skill sets, but it would involve more fundamental changes to UI as it's a bit cramped already.
I agree with your opinion
Quick skill change hope
Have a nice day :lol: