Blacksmith - Item Creation

If you have any ideas regarding improvements that can be done in the game, post them here! Developers read this section frequently.
Scad

Blacksmith - Item Creation

Post by Scad »

I come to bring a new function for the blacksmith, the creation of items. It would be quite simple, there would be fragments of items for each rarity, which could be found when killing monsters. And by accumulating a certain amount of fragments, the player could go to the blacksmith and choose the item to be forged.

Example:

- 10 Fragments of common items -> 1 common item.
- 10 Fragments of rare items -> 1 rare item.
- 10 Fragments of epic items -> 1 epic item.
- 10 Fragments of legendary items -> 1 legendary item.

The fragments would not be easy to find, but they would drop more often than items of their rarity. This would be a great option for players who spend several hours of the day playing and find nothing good.

Edit: Another way to obtain fragments, would be to disassembling the item in the blacksmith. It would be possible to obtain the fragments, as well as the materials.
Last edited by Scad on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sorry for the errors, I'm using a translator

War bisho
Player ID: 462004

Re: Blacksmith - Item Creation

Post by War bisho »

I Like it

kraal

Post by kraal »

I really like this idea. At least you can see progress. You may play for a week without getting (for example) some marble. Will you get some next week, the week after etc? If you got bits regularly, you could mark your progress. If you get 2 marble chips per "session", then you should get your marble in 5 days. I have resigned myself to never improving my armour or weapons other than reinforcing or an extremely luck drop. It would be nice to be able to work towards regular reinforcing rather than play for days on end with no progress - not knowing when the lucky drop will be for that emerald you are waiting on.

In fact, you could extend this to all items. Broken sword pieces or armour could be collected and then reassembled. It may not be any quicker to get said item, however at least you have tangible progress towards the item. If someone sells a broken bit to the smith, then others can purchase it - at the normally exorbitant markup :) You could even have generic item bits, and you need different quantities and money to craft different items. For example, 2 broken staff bits makes a mages staff and costs 100 to make. 50 broken staff bits makes a crystal wrath and costs 10000. Your grinding will then have a purpose and you can work your way towards better kit.

I am at the point now where I am simply biding time till the new map drops, as I have refined everything I can. I now need exotic materials for each of my items, and the blacksmith, to progress - ergo stuck where I am for the foreseeable future.

Scad

Post by Scad »

I liked your complement. Thursday, I played for 12 hours straight, scored millions of points. I found absolutely nothing good, the only good thing was gold. If I could find some item fragments, it would motivate me to play for the next few days. I am seriously considering quitting the game. Yesterday (17), the update completed 1 month. I play an average of 7~11 hours every day since the update. At most, I find about 3~4 epic items in a day. So far, I have found only 1 legendary item, during 1 month of play. About reinforcing items, there comes a time when you can't reinforce anything anymore, and it can take weeks or even months to reinforce 1 level of your item. Lately, I am no longer "believing" in the magic find skill. My luck is at maximum, and whenever I use my elven boots, I get 40% magic find. I see players finding many legendary items, I always ask them if they use their elven boots, and many answer no.
Sorry for the errors, I'm using a translator

Drjoma
Player ID: 3225218

Post by Drjoma »

I like that too, been thinking about it. But it may cause fast progress not compare to playing time/work. So maybe it's about not 10 to 1 but something like 50 to1 and 2 legend on 1 another legend resource.